Wednesday 12 August 2015

A Nice Little Reminder

So yesterday, as I have my two girls home for the holidays we went out for the day with my parents. They suggested Mottisfont Abbey as they have a Charlie & Lola Exhibition on and me and my girls are huge fans.

It was a great day as the old house and grounds are amazing and so lovely to wander round. My girls loved it, especially spotting the massive trout in the river, rolling down the grassy hills and having a picnic (surrounded by wasps..not so good). And of course having ice cream..Rose and Cardamon which was as delicious as it sounds.

There was a trail for the kids, with the help of the grown ups all round the grounds and through the old house, Lauren Child's colourful characters popped up all over the place! The exhibition was being displayed upstairs in the old house. It was amazing to see all her sketch book work and initial drawings with the thoughts behind the characters.I love the way she used collage to bring her work to life.There were also Lola style dresses on display made out of Lauren's fabrics she produced for Liberty. It really bought it all back to me the reason I came back to surface pattern design, and decided to give a creative career a go again. It certainly made me reminisce about early mornings sat snuggling my girls in their baby grows feeling inspired by Lauren's fab drawings, and use of pattern. It really was down to her I got back into it. I have come a long way since then, still not quite where I want to be, but I have achieved lots ..so I am giving myself a little pat on the back x

Here are some photos from the exhibition, a little unclear at times as most of the work was behind glass.













No comments:

Post a Comment